Slide background


Apply today! Or, if you have questions, schedule a tour and let one of our knowledgeable staff members show
you around our campus and tell you all the advantages of becoming a TVArk student! This Is Your Home!

Out of State Tuition Waiver Requirements

Residency Requirements

The following policy shall be used in determining the residency classification of students. Students shall be classified as in-district, out-of-district, or out-of-state based upon their bona fide domicile. Domicile means the legal home and place of permanent living of students for all purposes, and the intention to make the domicile the permanent home must have been manifested by good faith acts. Mere physical presence alone is not sufficient evidence of domicile. The domicile is the legal residence of an individual.

The domicile and legal residence of a minor student is the same as that of:

  • The parents or surviving parent; or
  • The parent to whom custody of the minor has been awarded; or
  • The parent with whom the minor in fact makes his/her home, if there has been a separation of parents without judicial award of custody; or
  • An adoptive parent, where there has been a legal adoption, even though either or both of the natural parents are living.

A minor emancipated by the law of his/her domicile or on reaching the legal age of majority has the power which any adult has to acquire a different domicile and a different place of residing; however, his/her prior domicile or origin continues until he/she clearly establishes a new one. Marriage constitutes emancipation of minors, both male and female. For either an adult or an emancipated minor to acquire a new domicile, he/she must have permanently left his/her parental home, must have established a legal home (domicile) of permanent character other than for attendance in school, must have resided for six continuous months as a domiciliary, and must have no present definite intent of removing there from as of a certain time.

The domicile of a person is the same as that of his/her spouse as long as they live together. An out-of-state person becomes eligible for in-state or in-district tuition status for college fee purposes following marriage at such time when the spouse is, or has been, domiciled in Arkansas for six continuous months.

A student who knowingly gives erroneous information in an attempt to evade payment of out-of-district or out-of-state fees shall be subject to dismissal or other disciplinary action.

Out of State Tuition Waiver

Arkansas income taxpayers and their dependents who reside in a county or parish recognized by the Department of Higher Education for reimbursement may enroll at TV Arkansas Community College and receive an out-of-state tuition waiver. To receive the out-of-district rate, students must provide the following:

  • Proof of residence in an eligible county or parish, and
  • Documentation (W-2 form or copy of Arkansas income tax form as filed) of receipt of wages from an Arkansas employer of a minimum of $5,500 in the tax year preceding enrollment, or Official verification from an Arkansas employer of current employment at a minimum current salary of $5,500 or
  • Documentation that the student is a dependent of a nonresident Arkansas income taxpayer who provides documentation satisfying the conditions of paragraphs (1) and either (2) or (3) above.

*  The Out of State Tuition Waiver requires an .  Parents do not have to be an Arkansas wage earner to qualify.